You are invited to attend:
Preventing Bias-Based Harassment and Bullying in Elementary Schools
Who should attend this workshop? K-5 teachers,
counselors, school administrators, social workers and school mental health professionals
This workshop will:
- Provide participants with an overview of harassment and bullying based on actual or perceived race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and gender identity and expression in elementary schools
- Present the latest research on bias-based harassment and bullying in schools
- Review local, state, and national laws and regulations addressing bias and bullying
- Equip participants with tools to prevent and respond effectively to bias-based harassment and bullying
- Model how to use bias-based scenarios as teaching moments to develop and maintain a culture of respect
- Highlight local and national resources available to combat bias based harassment and bullying
Wednesday, October 3
10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. - Continental breakfast and lunch provided.
Brentwood Community Center
2505 South Brentwood Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63144
What is Welcoming Schools? Welcoming Schools
offers an LGBT-inclusive resources to help elementary schools:
- embrace family
- avoid gender
- stop bullying and
For more information contact:
Facebook or Twitter.