HRC Life and Estate Planning Symposium
1640 Rhode Island Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20036
Please join us for a symposium to learn more about how the Supreme Court's ruling in U.S. v. Windsor striking down the discriminatory federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) will significantly impact LGBT people and their families, including changes to life and estate planning. We want to make sure you are fully informed with all the important information regarding the implications of the ruling so that you can take the appropriate steps to protect yourself and your loved ones.
The symposium panelists will include:
- Brian Moulton, Esq., HRC's Legal Director
- Brenda Jackson-Cooper, Esq., of Ivins, Phillips and Barker, Chartered, a recognized legal expert in the field of estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax planning
- Michele Zavos, Esq., of Zavos Juncker Law Group, PLLC, a recognized legal expert in the fields of family law and estate planning
Questions from the audience will be encouraged. Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- The practical legal implications of the Supreme Court's ruling on LGBT people and their families
- The importance of proper life and estate planning and a discussion of particular life and estate planning issues faced by LGBT people and their families
- Current structure of federal and state transfer tax laws
The symposium is complimentary but space is limited.